Will 'this' happen to the iPhone 3G S?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ericxd, Jun 14, 2009.

1. ericxd macrumors regular

I'm not sure how Apple works but do they only annouce new stuff on WWDC annually?

Im worried about the fact that somewhere down the year iPhone 3G S will offer some new cosmetic features like different appearance of the iPhone 3g S or more colour too choose from...would this likely happen? (cause of course i want a new look if it does come out)

let me know!

EDIT: ok imma gonna edit my post so much mistunderstanding, im specifiically talking about iPhone 3G S and just 'FEW MONTHS' down the year ok

dont exxagerrate urself cause no **** iPhone will change in the next few years, i know that too. Im just talking about iPhone 3G S and since the appearance is the same, i worried a few months later they might change that ok??

2. RKilbane20 macrumors 6502a

3. Switz213 macrumors 6502

There is no way to ever know. Will the colors change? Doubtful, unless to a metallic sort of thing like the first one. But the phone will definitely change over the next 20 years so, I suggest waiting until then.

4. TwinCities Dan macrumors 603

TwinCities Dan

Double Parked out front of the Courthouse
    Nope. This is the last iPhone, they will never update or change it again.

5. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

Nooooo idea .... I guess anything is possible though.

6. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

Ask this question in a year, then maybe we will know the answer.

7. ericxd thread starter macrumors regular

ok imma gonna edit my post so much mistunderstanding, im specifiically talking about iPhone 3G S and just 'FEW MONTHS' down the year ok

dont exxagerrate urself cause no **** iPhone will change in the next few years, i know that too. Im just talking about iPhone 3G S and since the appearance is the same, i worried a few months later they might change that ok??

8. outphase macrumors 65816

You should never buy any Apple products if you are afraid of future revisions. No Apple product is future-proof. Everything it offers runs the risk of being "outdated" within a year.

9. jpan08 macrumors newbie

10. ericxd thread starter macrumors regular

how come no one reads...can someone answer if WWDC is the only time they annouce stuff like this and is it annually?

11. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

Since MacWorld is cancelled, yes WWDC is the only time of the year, unless they just update without holding a conference.

They updated the iPhone (First one) Late February/Early March to 16GB. It wasn't considered a second iPhone though.

So who knows?

12. dissdnt macrumors 65816

dissdnt

Yes. They've only done iPhone device announcements at WWDC, and it's once a year in June.

13. ericxd thread starter macrumors regular

thank u, since they only annouce new iPhone devices during WWDC, i hope they continue this trend. & That puts some reassurance into me. Thanks, ill be set for 32GB 3G S!

14. v66jack macrumors 6502a

v66jack

If you keep worrying that a new iPhone will come along then you'll never get one, just buy one if you want one, its a risk you have to take with apple products! Plus does it really matter if your phone is slightly out of date until you are due for an upgrade??

15. ThE.MeSsEnGeR macrumors 6502a

ThE.MeSsEnGeR

I get you! every single thread that I open, most of them get too discussive among each other and tend NOT to answer the question....

So, i'll try to answer it the best i can...

WWDC is one of the events Apple uses to announce new products, they also had MacWorld (but not sure they'll be back to it, thought) that usually runs in January... then u have the 'special' events that don't exactly have a time frame... they just pop up! like last year Apple had 5 Events: MacWorld (january), iPhone 2.0 Software Roadmap (March), WWDC (June), let's rock it' (september), 'spotlight on notebooks' (october).......

this year, we had MacWorld (january), iPhone OS 3.0 sneak peak (march), WWDC (june)... one is definitely coming in september 2009 to refresh the iPod line...

and my thoughts is that Steve Jobs' return will be on Monday, June 29th with a 'special event', maybe because its the 'end of june' and its iPhone's 2nd birthday...

16. veterator macrumors member

veterator

I just hope that the one I ordered on the 8th isn't obsolete before it ships on the 19th!

17. mikey28 macrumors 6502

This is SOOOO true. So if the iphone 3G or 3G S fits your needs NOW then GET ONE.