Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

js81

macrumors 65816
Dec 31, 2008
KY
Yeah, that one will work, but I personally am not a big fan of Fujitsu drives. The one that came in my last PC (an HP Pavilion dv9205) clicked from the very beginning, and the one that came in my Macbook is dog slow (it IS a 5400 RPM, though, and its the same drive that came in that HP). I suggest this one. Its only $10 more and has a 5 year warranty, and WD is a much better brand IMO. If not the WD, then this Seagate should be good, though I'm a bit leery of Seagate since so many of their desktop drives get bad reviews now.

js81

macrumors 65816
Dec 31, 2008
KY
Thanks, thank looks like a good hard drive. good price to:rolleyes:

No problem, glad to help. :) Also, have you thought about how you're going to move you're data? You can use Time Machine to backup and restore, but you can also use SuperDuper or Carbon Copy Cloner to make an exact copy - both have free versions. If that's what you want to do, then get an external 2.5" SATA case - Newegg often has them free (or very cheap) as a combo deal. Remember - on Newegg, always check the combo deals. Sometimes the items are free - and who doesn't like a freebie? :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.