Will this imac be enough?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Macka3, Oct 15, 2010.

1. Macka3 macrumors newbie

Hi guys, ive just begun studying my graphic design degree at university and im in dire need of a new computer, my windows laptop is just not cutting it anymore. The problem is i cant afford to spend in the region of £900+ on a new one, ive had a look on ebay and i can pick up a 20'' 2.4-2.66ghz one for around 500-600, which seems to be a fair deal, my only issue now is that will this model have enough power for what im doing, daily tasks will consist of using the adobe suite aswell as browsing the web, word documents, music etc. will i experience any slowdowns with this computer?

I hope for it to last at least 2-3 years..

Thanks for any help.

2. Merthyrboy macrumors 6502

It will be able to browse the Internet and music for sure. The best thing would be to check the specs on the website, I don't use them so don't know what they are. If you're going to stick with the same software throughout the course though and the computer runs it decently now you shouldn't have any problems. Maybe if it doesn't already you could put a bit more ram into it.

3. Merthyrboy macrumors 6502

Just checked their website and it just says an "intel multicore processor" so as long as it's core 2 duo you should be fine unless I'm mistaken.