Will this macbook pro fit my needs

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by KyPie, Mar 26, 2015.

1. KyPie macrumors newbie

KyPie

Will this http://store.apple.com/ca/product/F...-26ghz-dual-core-intel-i5-with-retina-display

Fit my needs? I would like a computer that I can take to school 5 days a week, for 6hrs+ so it needs good at note taking. I also want it to be able to handle Photoshop, Flash, (light) After Effects and (light) video editing. I would also like it to handle light gaming.

I will also definitely be surfing the web a lot.

Thoughts?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes, it will easily handle those tasks, and much more.

3. nobodyjustwalks macrumors regular

Yes, and probably more.

But really most, if not all of Appleʻs line up, could technically "fit" your needs. Your final decision will have to be the result of how you judge a computerʻs ability to successfully accomplish the tasks youʻve listed, and how this definition of "fittting" into your usage scenario influences your opinion regarding the trade off between portability and power.

4. yjchua95 macrumors 604

It would more than fit your needs, but the 128GB SSD may be a tad bit too small.

5. z31fanatic macrumors 6502a

z31fanatic

Yeah, the storage size is small IMO. Look for one with 256GB storage.

6. KyPie thread starter macrumors newbie

KyPie

Would a new MBA with 8gb of RAM be a better buy? I also would like to ask if these computers would last me 4ish years?

7. snaky69 macrumors 603

I'm not sure strangers on the internet can tell you if your usage or requiremed computing power will change in 4 years.

If they don't, then you're fine. Depends on what you call "light gaming" though.

8. yjchua95 macrumors 604

Any Mac with 8GB of RAM and an SSD will easily outlast that.

The only issue is you need a larger SSD to last for that long since there's no third party upgrades available for the SSD.