Will this Macbook Pro handle Motion and After Effects?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TheEddiePShow, Feb 24, 2011.

1. TheEddiePShow macrumors newbie

TheEddiePShow

Hey I'm thinking about getting the new 2.2GHZ or 2.3GHZ 15" i7 Macbook Pro and I'm wondering if this macbook pro can handle these programs and programs like it. I'm just worried because the fact that the GHZ has decreased from the other models. Thank you for all the help, also if I'm thinking about getting the 500 Gb HDD that is 7200, over the 750 GB HDD that is 5000 something, will the 500 be better. I have a 500 GB EHDD so i'm not worried about space.

2. WardC macrumors 68030

WardC

The new MacBook Pros cannot even handle SimpleText! (inside joke)

But yes, the quad-core models should handle AfterEffects quite nicely. It wouldn't be as fast as running it on a Mac Pro, however, but it would probably perform better on the quad-core than a dualcore 2010 model.

3. hoxley macrumors regular

will aftereffects be affected by the different gfx cards in the two 15s?

4. Kalach macrumors member

Kalach

heck yes! :)

5. puppyflightclub macrumors 6502

6. duotone macrumors newbie

I have an early Spring '10 MBPro pre-i7 and it runs after effects just fine.

I am, however, ordering a new MBPro i7 today... ;-)

7. TheEddiePShow thread starter macrumors newbie

TheEddiePShow

Thanks for the help guys. Will definitely be getting one as soon as I get my refund check.

8. listenpreis macrumors newbie

Don't get a macbook pro for After Effects. Worst decision in your life, trust me. Get a decent laptop with windows, will be 10.000% faster (and I don't make this up) - AE on the new macbook pro 2011 hangs all the time. if you like watching the colorwheel working and nothing else, get one. if you like getting things done get a pc laptop. for real.

9. MOKHAN macrumors 6502

I use After Affects on my 13" MBP i5 and I don't get any beach balls, rendering on the other hand does take longer.

10. stefmesman macrumors 6502

I'm running after effects on a 2.2, 2011. it works just fine. The only thing is the fans going up when rendering to around 94 degrees max. but this is normal. so it does make some noise. for all other things, this computer is a champ on AE. i got the 7200 rpm disc also. don't go for the 5400. and get 8gb ram. (third party) AE is an memory hog. In the future ill upgrade to a 500gb SSD and 16gb ram when affordable. wich it currently is far from.

11. njsa04playa macrumors 6502

troll alert