Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sal Collaziano

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Nov 7, 2007
Royal Palm Beach, FL
Well, my 17" MacBook Pro lasted just about three years being used extensively the whole time. It replaced Windows and my Dell Dimension desktop computer. Now I'm having problems with freezing frequently enough to figure I should just get a new one and make this my backup computer.

In any event, I'm going to buy a new 17" MacBook Pro and I'd like to know if the following link/memory would work as an upgrade:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820349034

I'm intending on buying two to bring my notebook up to 8 gigabytes of ram. The one I intend to buy in a couple of hours is 4 gigs..

Let me know what you think.. Or if you have a recommendation for something better, please let me know..

Thank you!

scrace89

macrumors member
Sep 2, 2010
Well, my 17" MacBook Pro lasted just about three years being used extensively the whole time. It replaced Windows and my Dell Dimension desktop computer. Now I'm having problems with freezing frequently enough to figure I should just get a new one and make this my backup computer.

In any event, I'm going to buy a new 17" MacBook Pro and I'd like to know if the following link/memory would work as an upgrade:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820349034

I'm intending on buying two to bring my notebook up to 8 gigabytes of ram. The one I intend to buy in a couple of hours is 4 gigs..

Let me know what you think.. Or if you have a recommendation for something better, please let me know..

Thank you!

So I'm assuming you're ordering 4gb of ram from apple? Which will come 2x2 not 4x1. You will need to buy 8gb of ram (4gbx2) if you want to upgrade from 4 to 8gbs. Search crucial on newegg it's ~$250 and works for MBP.

rkaufmann87

macrumors 68000
Dec 17, 2009
Folsom, CA
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.