Will this ram work in my G5???

solvs

macrumors 603
Jun 25, 2002
LaLaLand, CA
Probably, but you may want to read the reviews. Officially it's not supported, but Newegg has a pretty good return policy. You'd have to paythe shipping to return it though if it doesn't. You may want to spend a bit more on some better RAM though.

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
taeclee99 said:
Newegg.com has a Corsair 1GB PC3200 DDR DIMM Memory for only $79.99.
How do I know if this dimm is compatible with my powermac dual 1.8???
You don't.
You would have to take the risk it wasn't.
The only 512 Mb RAM Corsair guarantees Mac compatible is CMSS512MB-400, and NewEgg makes no compatibility guarantee. You're gambling the shipping and return shipping costs whether it is compatible or not.
You realize this is not a 1 Gb DIMM but a kit of 2 x 512 Mb DIMMs, correct?

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
I would suggest that you check the Crucial RAM link above. They have a finder to walk you through the process of finding the proper RAM. They also have a lifetime guarantee. The purchase would also help MacRumors with regards to advertising.

davizod

macrumors newbie
Apr 27, 2005
I bought some crucial ram from Newegg, two 512 sticks for $42 dolllars a piece when I got my dual 2.0 g5 and the ram has worked great. I recommend finding the ram sticks on the crucial site and than just getting it from newegg if you are looking to get ram cheaply.

topgunn

macrumors 65816
Nov 5, 2004
Houston
As a poster mentioned above, check the reviews on newegg. I look for memory that has a lot of reviews (30+) and then search for Mac or Apple on the page. Usually you will find several reviews from Mac users who give their reports of how it works with their machines. I buy 95% of my memory from newegg and I have never been disappointed.