Will this RAM work with my Mac MIni?

macrlz9

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 6, 2003
Long Island, NY
I have been looking for a ram upgrade for my Mac Mini... i've been using it with 256 and that is not nearly enough. will this work for my mini? if not anyone have any recomendations? i don't have much money to spend so i think 512 is what i will be getting. thanks for all your help?

vtprinz

macrumors 6502
Nov 30, 2004
I thought I remembered reading here that, as of yet, there are no third party options for memory in the mini. You have to go through apple.

Then again, my memory is terrible :rolleyes:

Also, I don't know if that was installation based (not sure if you can actually open the mini yourself) or compatabiliy based.

macrlz9

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 6, 2003
Long Island, NY
vtprinz said:
I thought I remembered reading here that, as of yet, there are no third party options for memory in the mini. You have to go through apple.

Then again, my memory is terrible :rolleyes:

Also, I don't know if that was installation based (not sure if you can actually open the mini yourself) or compatabiliy based.
well i know it voids your warrany to do it yourself, i asked the sales guy when i went to purchase the mini over the phone. but it is possible it's standard ram but i know macs sometimes are picky so i was wondering what will work with the mini and if that link i gave is a good choice.

macrlz9

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 6, 2003
Long Island, NY
i guess not enough people have mac mini's yet to give me advise lol but if anyone knows how to find out if that memory or any other would work with the mini, thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.