iPad Will this serial# Pad Air have display problems?

iRobby

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
Fort Myers, FL USA
I purchased my mom an iPad Air for Christmas. Won't be opening til Christmas morning.

Below is the Serial# report.

Any chance the batch the iPad Air is from known to have any display problems. I'm hoping not.

Attachments

VTECaddict

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2008
If you go hunting for display problems you will probably find display problems.

Unless your mom notices something blatantly wrong with the display then leave it alone.

luckylisp

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2006
NY state
Great gift for your Mom. I'm sure she will be thrilled with it. I wouldn't worry too much about it either way because should it have any issues I'm sure you have to January to exchange/return it. Well, that is assuming you bought it within the last month or so as most stores allow Christmas returns until January.

KhunJay

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2013
There's no way of telling, is there?. If your mom reads a lot of black text on white, and the screen has that yellowish unevenness, then she may notice. If she's just watching videos I doubt she'll care.

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
Sorry but I don't think you can discern screen quality by the serial number. I also don't think whole batches of iPads are defective - I could be wrong but I think the majority of tablets are fine and only a fraction are having issues

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.