Will this setup work?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by tolas, Sep 28, 2010.

1. tolas macrumors newbie

I'll be getting my i5 15" MBP soon. I purchased the OptiBay and a 500GB Momentus XT hd. I plan to put the Momentus in the main slot and split it for OSX and Win7 bootcamp.

I am putting the existing hard drive in the optibay as a media/project drive. I would like this drive to be available in both OSX and Win7. How should I partition this drive? fat32? other?

Also, I read that I can boot into the boot camp partition through vmware or parallels. Is running the bootcamp partition as a virtual machine slower or in any way different that running a regular virtual machine partition?

Thanks

edit: sorry just read in another thread that all this should be fine. any idea on bootcamp partition in virtual machine vs regular virtual machine partition? faster, slower, any issues?

2. DeepIn2U macrumors 68040

DeepIn2U

You CAN format the shipped HDD inserted into the OptiBay in NTSF format but OSX can only READ those HDD partitioned with that. FAT32 format will allow read & write access from OSX.

Parallels will work for dual boot and quite well and increases your performance and uptime.