Will this stuff fit?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Enricop, Dec 12, 2015.

1. Enricop macrumors newbie

Enricop

Hi everybody!

Could someone please confirm me that these pieces of hardware will be ok with my Macbook Pro 13' mid 2010 (Core 2 duo 2.66 cpu)?

[​IMG]

The ssd is going to the cd drive and the RAM is 16GB because it's been confirmed that my version actually supports it but I don't actually know if this one suits.

My memory right now:

[​IMG]

Thanks a lot!

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Yes, wether it's wort spending that money on a 6 year old laptop is questionable though.

3. glenthompson macrumors 68000

glenthompson

I would put the SSD in the main drive slot and the other drive in the optibay.

4. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

There is one disadvantage for the hard drive in the optibay - the sudden motion sensor, which shuts down the hard drive in the event of a fall, does not function through the optical bay. Not a lot of risk there, but some might like to avoid it anyway, so preferred could be SSD in the optibay, spinning drive remains in the native drive slot.

5. simonsi macrumors 601

simonsi

Yes, yes and yes.

I would put the SSD in the optical bay and only swap them around if the optical bay gives errors, problems or doesn't negotiate a sensible speed (think yours will be SATA2 on both). That way you get the SMS protection if possible.

6. adam9c1 macrumors 65816

adam9c1

I have this computer and installed SSD from OWC.

They are picky with ram. My first set was bad.

Big improvement from 4-8, 8-16 a lot less but I know I'm maxed out. I can run few vms on it.

As far as boot time it takes 20 seconds from pressing power to login screen. More ram - longer memory check at boot.

This machine now feels really snappy.