Will this void my MBP warrenty?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by impakt1, Dec 18, 2008.

1. impakt1 macrumors member

The other day i tried to use my super drive and i noticed it was bowed down and i had trouble ejecting the cd. I have never dropped the laptop so don't assume its that. I understand it could be from me pressing on the palm rests but i really dont see how i could of done that but anyways i know apple won't replace it so i was planning on going my own route of replacing the bottom case. My only problem with this is that i do not want to void my warrenty. Will replacing my bottom case do that?

[​IMG]

2. Cathode macrumors regular

Cathode

It's my understanding that the MacBook Pro's do not have any "void" stickers that require removal or any other way to show tampering. You should be able to replace everything yourself without their knowledge. That goes without saying though, be sure you take great care in swapping out the case because if you botch your attempt they will know simply from your mistake.

I wish you luck!

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Replacing your bottom case will void you warranty if you break anything and/or they know you opened it. Also replacing the bottom case requires everything to be removed so you've been warned.