Will This Waterproof Video Camera Watch Work w/ iPad Camera Connection Kit?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by HappyDude20, Jun 16, 2012.

1. HappyDude20 macrumors 68020

HappyDude20

http://www.ebay.com/itm/8GB-Waterpr...tal_Video_Recorders_Cards&hash=item2a1eeaf2ca

Summer is here and a GoPro HD camera is too expensive. I'm considering purchasing this camera that is on a watch to film when I go surfing, which is the appeal of the watch being waterproof. I don't have a MBPS anymore and only a new iPad and iPhone so was wondering if the iPad connection kit would support this?

I would say so, no? I mean wouldn't the iPad just recognize it as a camera?

Upon my searches on eBay there is this waterproof watch, but the 8GB memory is built into the watch.. So means I would have to use the camera connection kit with a USB cable that is included... During my search stumbled upon other small watches, but I'm the form of odd spy pens and keychains. There's no way I'm taking a pen surfing, lmao. Plus, I don't think it's waterproof. I mention this only because these pens have a removable micro sd card; which seems guaranteed to work.

Anyways...

Any help is appreciated.

2. Capt T macrumors 6502a

Unless it allows you to change the resolution, I would say no. For Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720*pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format. That watch, the resolution is too high for the format it uses.

Here are the specs that you need to look for, when looking at an inexpensive camera.

http://www.apple.com/ipad/specs/

Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, High Profile level 4.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo*audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC*audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720*pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format