Will this work for me?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by sergiobaschi, Aug 2, 2013.

1. sergiobaschi macrumors regular

I would like to start photographing, and I've started to search for suitable cameras and equipment. I've done some amateur photographing before and have some basic knowledge.

I googled some and you can see the result in the attached image. US$1 = 6.5 SEK.

What do you think of it?

Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. kevinfulton.ca macrumors 6502

Good camera, card, and 50mm, but the speedlite is not much better then the built in flash. It's worth spending a bit more on the 430 so you can use it off camera and has more power. If that's the only one you can afford I'd recommend holding off on a speedlite and putting that extra money into your lenses. As for the 70-300, I'd take a look at a more general purpose lens like an 18-55 or the 15-85 would be better suited if you are just starting out. 70-300 won't give you any wide angle options and neither will the 50mm. Keep in mind that on a cropped APSC sensor (60D, T4i, 7D) a 50mm is actually more like a 80mm. 30mm is more like a standard view. Hope this helps.

3. nburwell macrumors 68040

nburwell

Are you not purchasing the body with the kit lens? For a beginner, it definitely looks like a good start kit. Although if you haven't already, I would strongly consider the 18-55mm that comes normally comes with the camera body. The flash isn't that much better than the pop up, so I would either remove that from your cart, or save some money for the 430ex. The 50mm is a great lens, especially in low light situations. Overall, I think you're off to a good start. The next step would be to learning your cameras manual functions (definitely read the camera manual to full grasp the in's and out's of what the camera can do).