Will this work for me?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Kinobi, Apr 15, 2010.

1. Kinobi macrumors member

I am still confused with iPad.. I am trying to use iPad mainly in a field..editing Adobe PDF documents, taking pictures and attaching them to emails

can this be done easily with iPad? I have zero Mac experience :confused:

1 - can I edit PDF documents emailed to me and sign them and send them back?
    2 - how would I transfer files/pics to iPad that I need to email? Camera Connector?
    3 - email excel spreadsheet after doing some corrections - possible?
    4 - editing word documents and sending them back via email?

Let me know
    Tks

2. frankjl macrumors regular

1. Not 100% sure but at this point I dont think you can edit PDF documents natively but i am sure you can find a pdf app to accomplish this.

2.Ipad camera connector..one work around I do is on my android device I create an ad-hoc network or wireless tether connect and bump pictures between my phone and ipad.

3.I dont know why apple is considered a "GENIUS" company but the geniuses left out a very important function out of numbers. The ability to save/email EXCEL FILES. you can only export native .numbers format that probably nobody in any professional field use.

4.Can be accomplished with apples iwork. Best word editing software on any device by far. I absolutely love it.

3. master-ceo macrumors 65816

master-ceo

1. Take a look at "iAnnotate PDF" in the app store

4. Kinobi thread starter macrumors member

So I can save/email word documents but not excel, is that correct?

I was hoping that iWork was capable of editing PDF documents..can PDF document be opened with iWork and saved to Word?

5. frankjl macrumors regular

Yeah with pages you can edit save to either word, native pages format and pdf.
    I dont know if you can edit pdf documents with pages. But now that i think about it I dont see why not.

Looking at my iwork.com account you can save as either. word,pages or pdf.
    I see the same save as options on the ipad pages app.

So you can def create a new document and save it as a pdf. But if not theres an app for that :)

Hmm I'll definitely give it a go later on when i get home.

As far as excel files you cant with iwork. It does not save excel files. Yo ucan import excel but export is native numbers format :(

one app I highly recommend is goodreader. I am able to pull any file on my idisk and then open it on
    pages, numbers etc.

Is a good replacement for a lack of file management in the ipad.

6. bpd115 macrumors 6502a

bpd115

Generally, no. PDF to word conversion is ugly when done on a desktop machine and I don't know of any iPad app that will do that.

Your best bet is something like Smart Note or PadNotes which let you take the pdf file and sign it and then export it out as a pdf.

7. BryanLasers macrumors newbie

I would recommend trying an app called DocSync. Basically, it has the capability to remotely access, edit, and email files on your computer from your iPad. It also has the capability to access, edit, and email your Google Docs and Dropbox files. It is compatible with all of Microsoft Office (Powerpoint, Excel, and Word), PDFs, JPEGs, PNGs, and Text files.

8. diane143 macrumors 6502a

Look at CloudOn for editing Office documents. You have to set up an account, which I hate to do, but it works great.