Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chimera Prod

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2008
Some people just like attention, enjoy being spoon fed, and feeling special. Web's full of them.

I already mentioned that I have been searching for someone who has crossfired 2 radions in a mac pro but I could not find anything. I only found someone who attempted SLI in osx which didn't seem like it worked out. Plz stop telling ppl to search for stuff that doesnt exist. And I'm not rude. I speak TRUTH

MacVidCards

Suspended
Nov 17, 2008
Hollywood, CA
I already mentioned that I have been searching for someone who has crossfired 2 radions in a mac pro but I could not find anything. I only found someone who attempted SLI in osx which didn't seem like it worked out. Plz stop telling ppl to search for stuff that doesnt exist. And I'm not rude. I speak TRUTH

I just typed "3870" and "Crossfire" into the search bar and got LOTS of info on how those work.

Perhaps your difficulty is with spelling?

For instance, "Radeon" is spelled like that. If you searched for "Radion", no wonder you "could not find anything"

Chimera Prod

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 4, 2008
Well I was searching for '3870' '4870' 'crossfire' terms like that. I don't suppose too many people would type radeon because everyone knows its a freakin radeon.

sporadicMotion

macrumors 65816
Oct 18, 2008
Your girlfriends place
Well I was searching for '3870' '4870' 'crossfire' terms like that. I don't suppose too many people would type radeon because everyone knows its a freakin radeon.

People may understand that, but that's not the way search engines work. I could understand the desire to get crossfire working with 2 cards from an enthusiast's perspective, but realistically... for stability sake, just save the extra cash and get an x2 card. It'll save you the headache and hassle of doing a hack job. The X2 cards can be had for a couple hundred more and will work well in Vista. Oh yeah, don't assume just because people know about computers, doesn't mean they're "geeks"... especially in this day and age.

Winni

macrumors 68040
Oct 15, 2008
Germany.
are you solely going to be running Vista? I just don't understand the concept of buying a Mac just to run Vista... forgive me if I missed something here...

The concept is very simple: Macs are good PCs with a very nice design. OS X is not necessarily their strongest selling point anymore. For most new buyers, their ability to (also) run Windows is more important than the great cats. They just want to run it on a beautiful and relatively quiet machine.

In the workstation league, it even looks better for Apple. The pricing of the Mac Pro is very competitive, and from my own experience I can say that it certainly feels like a higher quality system than a Dell Precision workstation with a similar configuration. And although the Mac Pro is rather loud, it is not nearly as noisy as the Dell.

I know that in Italy, for example, they have been selling iMacs with Vista or XP pre-installed right from the day when the first Boot Camp beta was released.

Oh, and Vista performs extremely well on Apple hardware and there are no compatibility issues at all - almost as if Apple specifically designs their hardware for Vista. But then again, most of the motherboard design is done by Intel anyway, and Intel knows how to build a compatible PC...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.