Will this work with iMovie '08 ?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Macmadant, Aug 21, 2007.

1. Macmadant macrumors 6502a

Hey there,
    A realtive is on the verge of perchasing a Sony DCR-SR32 camcorder, and i've said it should work with imovie '08 due to the fact that it now works with flash and memory based camcorders, but i want reassurance that it will work before i say go ahead and buy it, as they are waiting on me getting back to them on weather it will work or not, so any ideas ?

2. scotthayes macrumors 68000

scotthayes

couldn't say on the DCR-SR32, but my Sony HDR-SR5 didn't work in iMovie 06, but works a treat with iMovie 08. not sure if that's any help, but if it doesn't tell them to look at the HDR-SR5, is a cracking camera.

3. Macmadant thread starter macrumors 6502a

thanks for the help, but i've pursuaded them to go for this cam
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-HDR-SR...5?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1188131739&sr=8-1

Think it's a similar model to the one mentioned above, so i'm certain it will work, however the person who is going to purchase it has been told by another mac member of my family, that she won't be able to edit the HD on her 1.8 Ghz imac G5, however i believe this to be false,and that she will be able to edit it, she has been told that she would need a intel mac to edit the HD footage, but i think this is all rubbish, can someone advise me to weather i or the other person is right ?, in a nutshell, Can a imac G5 edit HD footage using iMovie '08 ?

EDIT: Nope he's right, apprently AVCHD requires an intel mac, thats extremely stupid, but never mind.