Will this work? Yes I read the FAQ.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MMM.PWR, Jun 7, 2010.

1. MMM.PWR macrumors 6502

MMM.PWR

I'm eligible for an early upgrade but not the full upgrade. I'm selling my phone for $200. Meaning I will essentially be paying $300 out of my pocket for the 32GB iPhone 4 (for a total of $500).

Makes sense, right?

Now, I'm selling my phone tomorrow so I'll be out of an iPhone until June 24th. I plan on buying a cheap $30 phone and just sticking my sim card in it.

My question is: my data plan will still be there, right? even though this cheap temporary phone won't have features / or a real browser?

I'm passing by an ATT store tomorrow morning to double check, but I wanted to know what you guys thought.

2. troop231 macrumors 603

Yeah, it will be there still.

3. elephunkman macrumors 65816

Yeah my data plan is still on my account and I'm using a stupid candybar dumbphone.

4. MMM.PWR thread starter macrumors 6502

MMM.PWR

Awesome. So I just reset through itunes, take out my sim and that's that?

5. thelordnyax macrumors regular

yep, that's exactly what i did...using a $30 Nokia go phone that i bought at Target (they weren't selling the go phones at the at&t store, i don't know if that's true of all at&t stores, but Target was right across the parking lot)\

still has the extremely lame MEdia Net browser...it's...functional...kind-of