will this work

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by borncountry, Jun 23, 2008.

1. borncountry macrumors member

i sold my iphone a little before the iphone 3g was announced,so i needed a another one and was able to fine one local for 200.00 which was a good deal.so i activated it like normal and i read today to check to see if i was able to get a upgrade and i sure enough i am,im thinking if i take my iphone and let everyone on my family plan activated it would that give them a upgrade to the 3g iphone also and when thats done that i just unlock it and use it until the new one comes out.what do you think will this work.

p.s. im new to posting but iv been reading from this website since the first iphone.

2. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

Should work fine if you want to pay for that many data plans. You many have a problem buying more than one 3G iPhone in the early days of sales from one place.

3. R.morningstar macrumors newbie

Same ordeal

I have had the 1st gen iphone since it came out and my wife has a blackberry. We just sold both on ebay and are waiting for the new one to come out. We are just using old phones we had laying around for the next couple weeks. I had this idea and was wondering if anyone had any good input. I can upgrade no problem, but they are saying she cant upgrade for a few months. What if I used my brothers iphone to activate her phone number and change my contract to an iphone family plan. Then in two weeks, att sees that phone line as an iphone. So what if i pay for data for a month that i dont get it. Does anyone think it will work that easily???

4. Rozvagyj macrumors newbie

maybe att will catch on and when you activate the one iphone you have and put it on your SON/DAUGHTER's line and then YOUR line wont be an "iphone line" but just a standard line. your son/daughter/what not gets the cheap iphone and your stuck paying the non-subsidized price.... :eek: