Will Tiger play nice with serial numbers?

chameeeleon

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 11, 2004
If I'm planning to do an Erase and Install with Tiger, will I be able to reuse the serial numbers that came with Photoshop Ele, FCE, iWork, MS Office, etc.? Seeing as most of them only came with one serial number, I'm hoping that there's some sort of system to tell they're being reinstalled on the same computer, but perhaps not? Is there some way to deactivate the serials?
Did anyone have troubles with this doing Erase and Installs from Jaguar to Panther, or from reformatting their drives in Panther?

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
chameeeleon said:
If I'm planning to do an Erase and Install with Tiger, will I be able to reuse the serial numbers that came with Photoshop Ele, FCE, iWork, MS Office, etc.? Seeing as most of them only came with one serial number, I'm hoping that there's some sort of system to tell they're being reinstalled on the same computer, but perhaps not? Is there some way to deactivate the serials?
Did anyone have troubles with this doing Erase and Installs from Jaguar to Panther, or from reformatting their drives in Panther?
No worries.

Comment

MisterMe

macrumors G4
Jul 17, 2002
USA
chameeeleon said:
You are confusing serialization with activation. Serial numbers are just typed in. The only problem with them is trying to use the same serial number for multiple installations of the certain applications on a network. In the case of activation codes, they are usually linked to the CPU and can be restored even following a reformat.

Comment