will tmobile force me to a data plan like at&t has with iphone users

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Sossity, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Sossity macrumors 6502a

I was reading a thread about how some users of an iphone with a non data plan from at&t were suddenly forced to use/buy one, where at&t just upgraded them to the monthly data plan payments,

I recently bought an untethered jailbroken unlocked iphone 3gs, then I bought a t-mobile sim card, installed it, called the number to activate it, & now I have a pay as you go plan. I got the jailbroken iphone to avoid at&t and its bad service, & the expense of a monthly plan.

It seems it is an IMEI number that gave the at&t iphone users away, when I activated my tmobile account over the phone, they did ask for an IMEI number, so gave it to them, & they did not say anything about my phone being an iphone. They just set me up with a new phone number.

am I going to get forced into a data plan like with the at&t users? & if so, how do I avoid this? could I get say a cheap tmobile phone, take the sim card from it & put it in my iphone?

any tmobile iphone users out there, what is your experience? has tmobile done anything like this as how I described at&t?

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced