Will Touch Mail work with my email system?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by atomheartmother, Mar 31, 2008.

1. atomheartmother macrumors regular

How can I tell if my email system will work with Mail? My main email is through my university and is an Outlook system. Is there anyway to know for sure if this will work? I'm contemplating buying the Jan. update, but the Mail app is really the only one I'd ever use (along with maybe Maps and perhaps Weather...although, you can basically get the same things by visiting websites). So, I want to be sure that the Mail program will work with my email system.

2. Trip.Tucker Guest

Via IMAP it will.

3. IgnatiusTheKing macrumors 68040

IgnatiusTheKing

My boss's iPhone is hooked up to our Exchange server using POP. I didn't bother trying to hook up my iPod touch because I only use it for my personal email.

4. atomheartmother thread starter macrumors regular

Is this easy to set up?

Also, I basically want to use Mail for the purpose of providing a 1 click (or touch, I guess) access to my email account without having to navigate the email webpage and type in username/password every time I want to check my email. Would Mail fit the bill then?

5. atomheartmother thread starter macrumors regular

6. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

You'll have to ask your university's IT/email department if they support POP or IMAP. The iPhone supports both. If they do not, then it will not work.