Will u keep JB after OS4.0 out?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by erichkooi, May 10, 2010.

1. erichkooi macrumors member

Hi,
    I m newbie on JB stuffs and currently I installed SBSettings, Winterboard and Categories. I find these features (more or less) are available in OS4.0 except SBSettings. Any recommendation of JB apps, a must have and not available in OS4.0 (base on the features had been announced) as I feel I going to restore back to original by next weekend.

Please advise,
    Eric
    iPhone 3Gs - 3.1.3

2. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Sort of impossible to answer as the final 4.0 hasn't been released, so we can't know what will be in it.

Also, must have apps vary widely from user to user, so what I must have you could care a hoot about.

3. Mystikal macrumors 68020

Mystikal

No because 1)im borrowing a phone and 2) getting the new hardware :D

4. Rooftop voter macrumors 6502a

Most deffinatly. I'm hoping the new hardware will be jailbroken quickly. There will always be stuff that jailbreaking will be able to provide that apple will not allow.

5. iMrNiceGuy0023 macrumors 68000

I hope new the new hardware jailbreak will be out fast too

I still need Lockdown more than anything....so im keeping my phone jailbroken

6. F123D macrumors 68040

F123D

There are a couple threads with lists people have provided of apps worth jailbreaking for. I will not upgrade until a jailbreak is available and easy to do.

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Kind of silly to restore your phone to 3.1.3 when OS 4.0 hasn't even come out yet.

Anyway, I will continue jailbreaking.

8. phrint macrumors 6502

Honestly depends upon the 4.0 experience. Some reviewers have it as being a step back from 3.x.x. If I don't like 4.0 then I don't upgrade. Period. If I do like 4.0 then I won't upgrade until a jailbreak is available. I need GV Mobile and tethering.

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

10. ACardAttack macrumors 6502

ACardAttack

Hasnt 4.0 been jailbroken already? So there should be one soon after it is released, at least I hope

11. tnisatard macrumors 6502

i probably wont, i like my iphone stock and original, i will though like to keep the option of jailbreaking for tethering purposes in the future if i ever needed it

12. mustnotsleep macrumors 6502

yep. you would lose themes, weather in statusbar, sbsettings to name just a few. a jailbroken iphone will ALWAYS be more capable than its closed counterpart.

13. anthdci macrumors 6502

I will be keeping my 3GS jailbroken until the next generation hardware is jailbroken and then ill be getting that. I couldn't use an iphone without the wealth of unofficial apps the jailbreak provides.

14. gixxerfool macrumors 6502a

gixxerfool

If possible I would upgrade to a custom IPSW. The only things I would need JBing for at that point is UA faker, 3g Unrestrictor and tethering. Nice and simple the way I like it.

15. btcutter macrumors 6502

MyWi

Unless AT&T let you tether off OS 4.0, I will JB just to use MyWi.

Oh, if Sprint EVO 4G is available to me with 4G connection without increasing their service price, I may say goodbye to my beloved iPhone.

16. RangerXML macrumors regular

As some have mentioned above, will 4.0 have tethering? There you will find my answer.

17. dhlizard macrumors G4

dhlizard

Only for 3G devices using an old known exploit (so as not to waste an exploit on beta version)

18. p0rkch0p macrumors member

tough to say. initially, i want to play with someone elses phone with 4.0 before i take the plunge. if it doesnt wow me then ill stay jailbroken. in all honesty now that im jailbroken really all i use is lockscreen, 5 icon dock, and user wallpaper with a bit of multitasking via backgrounder. so wallpaper and multitasking on 4.0 check, if they implement some sort of lockscreen information then ill upgrade to 4.0

19. Nevrsadie macrumors regular

Nevrsadie

I agree with above poster, I will not upgrade until 4.0 is jailbroke. Although apple is finally adding some many needed features, there is always something better coming from the jailbreak community.

20. mustnotsleep macrumors 6502

also i like the backgrounder control of running apps in the background far more than the native control for apps like mail, ipod, video, safari. i always end up disabling the native background control. id be interested to see how battery life compared when using backgrounder to native.