Will UK Apple stores accept cash??!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jloyd, Jun 23, 2010.

1. jloyd macrumors newbie

I have a reservation for a 32gb 4, and have tried calling my store but it's either engaged or no one answers.

Does anyone know whether Apple accepts cash for the iPhone 4 as I read somewhere about a woman wanting to pay for an iPad with cash but was refuesed.

I want to put £200 on my CC and £400 in cash.

2. LewisFielder macrumors member

Nope only credit card. STRICTLY credit card.

3. jloyd thread starter macrumors newbie

4. londoner888 macrumors regular

londoner888

Ok for anyone else wondering, I just got through to another Apple store and they confirmed that they will accept CC, debit card and cash which will be put onto an Apple gift card.:)

5. Phatzer macrumors regular

Phatzer

6. MrSingh macrumors regular

i will be buying a reserved unlocked iP4 2moro. i already have my iphone simplicity 30day contract in motion and the micro-sim is activated and working (it's currently inside my touch diamond!).

my question: i won't need anything right? i plan on just bringing a copy of my reservation confirmation email and my Visa Debit card so that i can pay for iP4. cool?

7. wrkactjob macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

I have never heard of a UK shop not accepting cash.

Why wouldn't they accept cash?

8. AdamA9 macrumors 6502a

LOL FAIL.

You can pay with cash - it's legal tender, and you can use it if you want. Apple DO TAKE CASH, I repeat, Apple DO TAKE CASH!! :rolleyes:

9. ce242 macrumors newbie

Take a debit card with you just in case, even if you dont pay for it using the card, it gives them something to associate the sale with.

I will personally take the following with me (reserved a pay and go iphone 4):

UK Passport
    Debit Card
    Reservation Email
    Collection reminder Email

Just to be sure :p

10. jhill89 macrumors member

What should I take if I am an existing o2 customer who is buying an unlocked 16gb? Just my CC and confirmation email?

11. MrSingh macrumors regular

i'm in the same boat - i'm planning to take just my Visa debit card to make the payment and confirmation email to prove it's my reservation.

12. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

Just been into my local apple store and it's as above. You can pay cash but it'll be put onto a gift card first then you can use that to pay. If your not using a bank card you mist have some sort of i.d to prove your who you say you are.

It's not the store rules it's come from the top to avoid huge sums of money in store but they use the gift card trick to help people out.

13. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

FYI apple do take cash yes but every business has the right to refuse a sale.

14. angusslo macrumors regular

angusslo

sorry for resurrecting old thread, but I'm visiting London next week and I'm planing to buy an iPhone 4 or two, and I want to know, if they accept cash?
    some in my country told me, that they have, due to low supplies, CC only policy and only two iPhones 4 per costumer. well, since it's been nearly half a year since the launch, I'm guessing that they accept cash also. am I correct, or do I need to use my Visa in order to buy iPhone 4?

15. Grayburn macrumors 68000

Grayburn

Read two posts above your last post.

16. angusslo macrumors regular

angusslo

yeah, I've read that, but that post is like four months old and I'm not UK resident so I'm asking if I can expect any issues?

17. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

The best way to avoid any confusion is to ring the store and ask them. :)

18. angusslo macrumors regular

angusslo

been doing this for half an hour now but they are always busy!

19. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

They do accept cash. Though you need to reserve the phone online before you pick it up else you cant buy it instore. Do some research before posting, it's in black and white on the website http://www.apple.com/uk/iphone/buy/

20. old-wiz macrumors G3

Apple stores in the U.S. are very suspicious of anyone who pays via cash. I bought a MBP and paid with cash and they were not happy about it.

21. sweetice2007 macrumors 6502

Its frowned upon in the uk if you can't use cash which i totally agree with and some places charge you for using cards.

22. Rajani Isa macrumors 65816

Rajani Isa

Credit cards I can understand, as 2-5% adds up quickly. Unless, of course, they refuse cash - which they are allowed to do if stated clearly - then they better not charge a CC fee.

23. angusslo macrumors regular

angusslo