Will upgrading ram help my Macbook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by b33eazy, Jul 22, 2012.

1. b33eazy macrumors member

I have an early '07 Macbook that I bought from my friend. He took relatively good care of it and sold it to me for a few bucks. The hard drive crashed and he just bought a new MBP (he is a film major in college and needed one anyway). So, my question is I will be upgrading the ram from 1gb to 2gb and will be installing Snow Leopard. How much life do I have left in this computer and will upgrading the ram and operating system help to extend its life for a couple more years?

2. Drew017 macrumors 65816

Drew017

Upgrading your ram will help the performance a lot, because you will be able to have more apps open without your computer slowing down... but if I were you I'd also switch to an SSD which will really speed your MacBook up more than just adding RAM will.

As long as it's been taken good care of, and as long as you take good care of it, it should last you a while ;)

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

Yeah just max it out with RAM and you should be good to go.

4. HishamAkhtar macrumors 6502a

Snow Leopard helps clear out a lot of the clutter that was in Leopard and on it's own will speed up your laptop a lot. The extra RAM will help too.

Snow leopard + RAM + SSD will revolutionize your MacBook :apple:

5. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

Max out your RAM and pick up an SSD. It will bring new life into that machine.