Will Upgrading To iTunes Plus Remove My Metadata?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Maserati7200, Dec 10, 2009.

1. Maserati7200 macrumors 6502a

Maserati7200

11230, Midwood, Brooklyn, NY, USA, North America
    I am considering upgrading my DRM'd 128KB/sec songs to iTunes Plus. My only concern is if it removes my meta data or not (play count, ratings, last played etc.) because I like to keep track of play count and what not. If I upgrade, would I still have the same metadata?

2. iSavant macrumors regular

no

your lyrics, art, etc sticks

edit: no to remove, yes to keep.

you phrased your question differently between the thread title and text... ;)

3. Maserati7200 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Maserati7200

Hey thanks. I'm going to upgrade once I get more $$ in my iTunes account! :D It's going to cost $43.50;)

4. iSavant macrumors regular

I was happily surprised how smooth mine all went... hope your experience is as good!

5. Maserati7200 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Maserati7200

Thanks! Oh, and another question, when I upgrade to iTunes plus, how do I keep the metadata on multiple computers? I have a MacBook, and say I upgrade on my macbook, then those new iTP songs are on my macbook. I also have an iMac, can I re-download those songs again on the iMac via iTunes upgrade without paying again, or would I have to move the new songs from my macbook to the iMac, which would remove the metadata as I'd be simply adding those new ones to iTunes

6. iSavant macrumors regular

Two computers??? Well now you're just being difficult ;)

I believe one of your computers wll lose the play count/stars... could be wrong/ maybe someone has a better idea.

Pick which machine you consider the main all inclusive iTunes account computer, do the + on that. Set up home sharing (iTunes 9) and do the "show me the stuff not in my library" thingy for the other machine.

Sheesh... TWO computers. Whadavewecumto ;)