Will upgrading to leopard mess up my torrent

techlover828

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Maine
hey,

I'm currently downloading a big file (30 GB) using transmission and just got leopard. I've been downloading this file for about a week know and about two thirds done :). However, I really want to upgrade to leopard and was wondering if I could upgrade without messing up my torrent.

Thanks for the help!

triddent222

macrumors regular
Jul 27, 2007
Somewhere interesting
If you copy the .torrent file, and the file(s) you are downloading, it should not mess up the download. However, I would not risk it. But then again I'm a patient person :).

Off topic, kinda: Leopard DOES seem to mess up my torrents >.< Transmission doesn't want to download some of my torrent files. But then again, it could be a dead tracker or broken torrent files (weird...).

psychofreak

Retired
May 16, 2006
London
Off topic, kinda: Leopard DOES seem to mess up my torrents >.< Transmission doesn't want to download some of my torrent files. But then again, it could be a dead tracker or broken torrent files (weird...).
Are you on the latest version? its meant to be perfect...

techlover828

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jun 28, 2007
Maine
ya, I'm probably just going to wait, its painful to watch it go from like 15Kb/s to like 0.8Kb/s. :mad::mad::mad:

avantgardener

macrumors newbie
Sep 30, 2007
Btw- for you torrent users out there, what are using as a P2P IP blocker? I think it's been discussed earlier, but PeerGuardian2 seems to crash in Leopard. Any ideas?

GSMiller

macrumors 68000
Dec 2, 2006
Kentucky
I didn't have any torrents downloading at the time I upgraded, but the seeded torrents I had in Transmission were still there. But if I was downloading a file THAT big I would go ahead and try and hold out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.