Will Verizon CDMA Iphone 6 plus work on AT&T

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fiveoh, Sep 9, 2014.

1. fiveoh macrumors newbie

Will the Verizon CDMA iphone 6 plus work on ATT? I know ATT is GSM but I thought Verizon was GSM Too... however the apple site shows it as CDMA... so will it work on ATT? I'm swapping phones with a family member...

2. ronm99 macrumors 6502

Verizon is CDMA, but all Verizon iPhones support both CDMA and GSM. Without GSM, a phone is not very useful for roaming since few countries have CDMA networks.

So ... the short answer is that a Verizon iPhone 6 will work perfectly on AT&T (and ships unlocked to boot)!

p.s. When you switch to AT&T, I don't think it is as simple as switching SIM cards. Phone service will work, but I believe that you need to tell AT&T the IMEI number of your phone in order to get data to work.

3. fiveoh thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm actually on an ATT MVNO but thanks for the info!

4. GJ710 macrumors newbie

So is your Verizon iPhone 6 working fine with AT&T LTE?

5. cnotes2019 Suspended

Mine is

6. techiebug macrumors 6502a

So I've heard the Verizon iPhone can get both CDMA and GSM. I don't plan to switching to cdma or anything but quite jealous because my T mobile phone only uses GSM

7. NutFlush920 macrumors regular

I have the silver 64gb Verizon iPhone 6 running an at&t sim. All works beautifully. Just popped my SIM card out of my at&t iPhone 5 and popped it into my Verizon iPhone 6 and a few moments later it said AT&T LTE at the top. Shortly after I got a text from at&t telling me I needed a new SIM card to take advantage of all the features but when I stopped at the at&t store he said to disregard the message as I had a LTE SIM card and the phone is unlocked. Only reason the message was sent is cause there system determined a non at&t phone on the network. No biggy and love this phone.

8. Winona Northdakota macrumors 6502a

Will Verizon CDMA Iphone 6 plus work on AT&T

If it makes you feel any better, as far as CDMA goes the Verizon iPhone will only work on Verizon's CDMA... You are not missing much.

9. xraydoc macrumors 604

xraydoc

No reason to be jealous. Unless you plan to switch to Verizon, the fact that one version is registered to Verizon and one is not is meaningless.

I'm presently using a Verizon iPhone 5S with an AT&T SIM card and it's quite happy. My AT&T 6 Plus is presently en route from China.