iPad Will Verizon or AT&T iPad Air work with T-Mobile?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by slapple, Nov 23, 2013.

1. slapple macrumors 6502

I want to try to take advantage of a Black Friday deal, but looking at target.com, they only carry the iPad Air for Verizon and AT&T. What if I want to use the T-Mobile data plan? Would either the Verizon or AT&T model also work with T-Mobile?

2. Akack, Nov 23, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2013

Akack macrumors 6502a

Yes either "model" would work on t mobile.

However, would get the Verizon over the AT&T "model" bc this gives you an easy option if you ever wanted to use it on verizon.

It may be difficult to activate a non verizon model for use on Verizon.

3. EZB macrumors newbie

I have a verizon ipad retina mini on t-mobile. It works great.

4. slapple thread starter macrumors 6502

What if I ever wanted to use it on AT&T? Would the Verizon version work with AT&T?

5. EDH667 macrumors 6502a

EDH667

Yes, if you buy the Verizon version, it will work on T-Mobile, AT&T, and Verizon. I just purchased a Verizon iPad Mini Retina and took out the Verizon SIM and put in my AT&T SIM and it works great without changing any settings.

6. oops1975 macrumors 6502

Yes. Verizon works on AT&T. I have a Verizon iPad mini with Retina which I am using on AT&T. In fact, if you ask the Apple Rep in the store, they will give you AT&T sim card as well.

7. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

Yes. My Verizon iPad Air works on both T-Mbile and AT&T SIMs as well. You'll be fine with that.

8. kap09 macrumors 6502

Not your exact question but might be a useful data point. I've got a T-Mo air that runs on VZW when I swap my iPhone sim over.

That said I have read about numerous issues getting service activated on iPads not originally sold for VZW, so I'd suggest picking up one of theirs to maximize your options.