Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

doubleatheman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 27, 2009
Edit: I cant spell dialing! bah I cant edit the title! lol

Most if not all of the blue tooth devices I have owned have a voice dialing ability, (no not built into the bluetooth, but they have buttons on them to trigger the voice dialing on the phone. )

I live in California, and I would like to have a device that is truly hands free, but It seems I still need to put my had on the button on the iphone to make a voice dial call.

I really hope the iphone is compatible...
-----------------------

From my jawbone manual

Voice Dialing from Jawbone
If your mobile phone is equipped with a standard voice
dialing function, simply press the ‘TALK BUTTON’
once when in Standby Mode, and when you hear a
beep say the voice tag. We recommend that you record
the voice tag using Jawbone for maximum effectiveness.

Maverick713

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2009
Houston, TX
great question

Most if not all of the blue tooth devices I have owned have a voice dialing ability, (no not built into the bluetooth, but they have buttons on them to trigger the voice dialing on the phone. )

I live in California, and I would like to have a device that is truly hands free, but It seems I still need to put my had on the button on the iphone to make a voice dial call.

I really hope the iphone is compatible...
-----------------------

From my jawbone manual

Voice Dialing from Jawbone
If your mobile phone is equipped with a standard voice
dialing function, simply press the ‘TALK BUTTON’
once when in Standby Mode, and when you hear a
beep say the voice tag. We recommend that you record
the voice tag using Jawbone for maximum effectiveness.

Does anyone know?

gottafly

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2008
I care.

I've got the iPhone tied into the bluetooth on my Acura RL and would love to have voice control by using steering wheel control, truly hands free.

Scorch07

macrumors 6502
Dec 16, 2007
Yeah, I'm hoping it will work as well. My guess is that you may still have to do the hold the home button for one second thing, but then you can say it into the bluetooth headset. It would be nice if there was something you could actually push on the headset though.

doubleatheman

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 27, 2009
Yeah, I'm hoping it will work as well. My guess is that you may still have to do the hold the home button for one second thing, but then you can say it into the bluetooth headset. It would be nice if there was something you could actually push on the headset though.

Hehe yea.... it makes me sad that their is an unused button/feature on my phone.

... yay for waiting!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.