Will wal-mart carry new iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Nedlman, Sep 25, 2011.

1. Nedlman macrumors newbie

Im new to the forum and excited to see what apple has in store for the new iphone whatever it may be. I do not live anywhere close to an apple store and have some giftcards for walmart. Curious if anyone thinks they will carry the new iphone on launch. One more question, if it is not 4g lte will it be able to run att 4g? Not sure of the difference, think i remember reading its just 3g enhanced. Not real tech savvy at all. Just curious if it would be any better than 3g on my iphone 3gs. Thank you

2. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

1. Lets wait for Apple to announce their launch day details.

2. 4G is just a marketing term, its the same 3G network but 4G is what is selling right now, so Carriers decided to call their 3G network 4G.

3. Cougarcat macrumors 604

Walmart sold the iPhone 4 on release day, so it's likely it will sell the 5 too.

If the iPhone 5 doesn't have LTE, then it will probably have HSPA+ (What AT&T calls 4G). LTE is faster, but HSPA+ should still be a nice improvement over your current 3G.

You can see AT&T's 4G / 4G LTE coverage here.

4. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

Last year Walmart sold the iPhone 4, but each store only got 1 iPhone. Even att stores didn't get the iPhone 4 until 2 weeks after it launched. Apple and best buy were the only 2 places the actually had the iPhone on launch day, oh yea and Walmart with their 1 per store.

5. NacSquared macrumors regular

NacSquared

My local AT&T store got there's 1 week prior to launch.

Also, my local Wal-mart got about 4 iPhone's and Best Buy got about 20 but every one of them were pre-ordered & they could not sell them to walk-in customers.

I'd say for Wal-mart and Best Buy, the number of phones they will have will vary based on location.

6. zackkmac macrumors 6502a

I got mine on launch day from RadioShack. :)

7. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

Some will some won't. For some reason none of the 3 Wal-Marts within a half hour of me have the iPhone 4 even now over a year after release but they have iPad 2s coming out their eyes.

8. MagicMouse macrumors regular

MagicMouse

I would feel bad about myself if I bought my new iPhone from Walmart... What a stupid sucky store. I'm actually really sad they sell Apple anything there.

9. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

They would be fools to miss out on the huge demographic.