Will Wal mart have the iPad 3 on launch day

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Shay41, Mar 7, 2012.

1. Shay41 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

I would think they would, but I've never read on here about anyone getting the 2 at Wal mart on launch. It's always either Best Buy or an Apple Store. My problem is the closest Best Buy is like 45 minutes away and the closest apple store is 3 hours away. So im Hoping Wal Mart will have it.

2. Ccrew macrumors 68020

My guess is that you'll have better luck at Target than Wally World. Historically Wal-Mart is several days behind. I think it hits their distribution centers in time, but the delay is to the store. With Target pairing with Apple on the new "in-store stores" Target may try to step up to the plate for a launch.

3. heyyitzmelissa macrumors 6502

Let me call Walmart to ask them this public information

4. Ccrew macrumors 68020

Good luck getting someone in a store that has a clue :) Heck, in my part of the country you're lucky they have teeth.

5. deeddawg macrumors 604

Advanced search, set "Find Posts from" to "6 Months ago and Older", set "Search in Forums(s)" to "iPad", and plug in your keywords like Walmart ipad launch.

General summary - Many/most walmarts had some initial stock, some just a couple, some five or ten, no real consistency and models available varied.

So while possible to get one on launch day from Walmart, it was a crap shoot.

6. SporkLover macrumors 6502

I got my iPad 2 at my local Wally. They had relatively low stock.... They had 12. It sold out in three minutes.

7. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

I picked up my iPad 2 at walmart, they had 10 in stock and a few people queued 30 mins prior.

8. heyyitzmelissa macrumors 6502

Whoa. There's just no way...anyone can...how did you not recognize the...holy...