Will We be able to adjust color temperature someday ?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Cpt.Oliver, Mar 24, 2012.

1. Cpt.Oliver, Mar 24, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2012

Cpt.Oliver macrumors member

Hello everyone,

I bought 2 Ipad 2 last year, one for me, one for wife. My Ipad has a warmer screen and my wife has a cooler screen. I prefer the bluish tint screen of my wife. Is apple working on something to adjust color temp ? Or is there an app I can use ?

Thanks

2. whtrbt7 macrumors 6502a

I believe there is a plist file that controls colors on the iPad. You can hack it in after a JB. I don't think Apple will allow for color adjustments on iPads since it's borderline on too much control for a user.

3. Redjericho macrumors 6502a

4. WalledMacGarden macrumors regular

Yes, the fact that the new iPad has a much wider color spectrum, and is going to become a tool pros are going to use, it will happen.

At some point it will be added, it does not effect the ease of use as it can be buried in settings with a switch to turn on an expert mode just like other Apple products. People do not have to use it, I find people that don't even set brightness, so why would added controls cause an ease of use problem? It doesn't on other Apple devices.

So please let them know if you would like more advanced calibration setting, more people asking will lead to it being added faster.

http://www.apple.com/feedback/ipad.html

5. Cpt.Oliver thread starter macrumors member

Nice, I submited my feedback

6. brand macrumors 601

brand

Really, you have some inside knowledge that this is going to happen? Or is it just a pure assumption on your part? You have no idea what Apple is going to do so I am going to go with the later.

7. MelodyMarch03 macrumors member

If everyone could adjust the color, they would be happier! Not to mention, I have some members of my family who are color blind, have macular degeneration etc. Color adjustment is 100% needed to make these devices accessible to everyone, including the visually impaired.

I mean, text size, zoom and brightness are half the battle, but Apple is missing the boat by not having the visual settings on the iPad and other devices 100% customizable for visually impaired people.

8. brand macrumors 601

brand

I am really suppressed to find that there are not accommodations for that in the Accessibility Options.

9. MelodyMarch03 macrumors member

Currently in the Accessibility on Settings-

Vision-

Voice Over
    Zoom
    Large Text
    White on Black
    Speak Selection
    Speak Auto Text

Hearing-
    Mono Audio
    L vs R balance

Physical and Motor-
    AssistiveTouch
    Triple Click Home

What if you are someone (like my cousin) who prefers yellow text on a dark background? He gets by with white on black, but he admits it isn't ideal for him.

I also have special needs students who prefer colored text even on a white background when using the computer. Every person has individual preferences when it comes to text on a computer screen, if Apple truly wants the iPad to be the device for all the world then they need to address the color adjustment issues.