Will we be able to "break out" Live Photos

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Razeus, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Razeus macrumors 601

Being that it is a jpeg surround with a .mov file, do you think we'll be able to seperate the jpg? Say for saving photos, or the novelty of Live Photos wears off?

2. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

I would almost bet there is a setting in "edit" to revert it to just a photo.

3. Travisimo macrumors 6502a

Yeah, we need a detailed analysis of how Live Photos work. I don't think any of the reviews really get into this. I'm also wondering how automatic backups are affected by Live Photos. For example, I use Google Photos for cloud backup, and I'm wondering if my photos will still get backed up if I have Live Photos turned on? And I wonder if Google will update the app so that the moving portion also gets backed up? Also, what happens if we share the photo on a social network? I assume just the photo itself is shared, but they mentioned Facebook updating to allow for Live Photos as well.

I also use Lightroom for importing photos to my PC. With previous iPhones, it was as easy as plugging in the phone and importing photos in one simple step. I'm wondering if the extra metadata is going to cause a problem? Or will it just ignore the moving portion of the Live Photo?

Are we certain that a Live Photo is stored as one JPG and one .MOV file? And are they stored together in the same folder? Lots of questions yet, I think.