Will we be able to delete built-in apps?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by dandrewk, Apr 12, 2015.

1. dandrewk macrumors 6502

Apr 20, 2010
    San Rafael, California
    I found the app interface to be surprisingly easy to navigate. Just zoom a little and you can select any icon. However, that doesn't mean users can make it a bit easier by reducing some unused apps and make way for a slew of 3rd party apps.

There are many core (built-in) apps that I would never/rarely use and don't need them on the watch. Little has been written about app management, so I am REALLY hoping that Apple allows us to remove any/most of the built in apps. As iPhone users can attest, it can be very frustrating to be "given" an app (or U2 album :D) and then NOT be able to delete it. This is especially important with the Watch, as there are no folders or pages we can hide the unused apps.

On a similar note, the built-in apps include FOUR, count-em, FOUR apps for time purposes - alarm, stop watch, countdown timer and world time. There are actually FIVE if we include the main watch face app (which we would never delete). I believe all of these functions are part of a single app in IOS. I pray we won't be forced to keep all of these and use up valuable interface real estate.
  2. sahilpatel12 macrumors 6502a

Oct 12, 2011
    dont think so... can you delete bulit in apps on iphone?:mad::p
  3. kingofwale macrumors 6502a

Apr 24, 2010
    can't get rid of bloatware.. as much as I want to
  4. Goldfrapp macrumors 601

Jul 31, 2005
    I highly doubt it. Apple would never dare abuse their customers' freedom.