Will we be forced to buy lion?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by mattg3, Jul 22, 2011.

1. mattg3 macrumors 6502

As a newbie to the mac world buying my first imac in Dec.I have come to love snow leopard.Im fearful of jumping into a new OS with Lion(as a pc user i stayed with XP right up till Dec.!).I hear rumblings that new apps will only be for Lion and soft.updates for Leopard are done.What will happen if i stay with snow leopard.

2. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

Snow Leopard will probably be supported for a while yet. In time you may find a few issues you need to work around, but not for a while.

I'm not upgrading to Lion yet, I'm going to give it a couple of weeks to see what people say. However, there's no need to fear change! From what I see Lion isn't revolutionary, you would adjust quickly.

3. John T macrumors 68020

John T

I won't be upgrading to Lion until I have to. I have quite a few Power PC Apps such as MS Word, Photoshop, Toast etc. I'm more than happy with Snow Leopard too :)

4. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

There is really nothing to fear with Lion. The upgrade is very easy and it seems to run just fine. As a matter of fact when you are done with the upgrade, your screen will look pretty much the same. You will simply notice the added functions and a few cosmedic changes once you start poking around.

5. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

MS Word and Toast have been updated and work just fine with Lion.

6. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

MS Office for Mac 2004 is PPC based therefore it will not work in Lion. Those users will need to either upgrade to a later version of MS Office for Mac (2008 or 2011) or look for another solution.

7. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

I know that. If someone is using MS Office 2004, its time to upgrade. That version is now 7 years old for goodness sake.