Will we have to get there early?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Shaan, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Shaan macrumors member

For people who are not pre ordering the new iPhone:

-Do you guys think we will have to get there early to ensure we get a unit?

-Is there going to be a very limited supply or will each store be well stocked?

-Is there a better chance of getting a non-preordered phone at an Apple Store or at an AT&T Store?

-Will both the Apple Store and AT&T Stores be selling the new iPhone at the no-commit, no-contract prices of 599/699 on launch day?

2. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

Yes
    Yes
    Apple online
    I know at&t will be not sure about Apple

3. Shaan thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the quick reply.

Apple online doesn't sell non-preordered no-commit, no-contract iPhone 3G S's online so this isn't an option, I was just wondering if I would have a better chance at an Apple Store or at an AT&T Store?

I would have thought that the Apple Store would have been more likely to sell the no-commit, no-contract iPhones, because AT&T is more interested in selling the phones bundled with a plan, could someone elaborate on this.

Thanks again.

4. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

With all the 3G owners grumbling about the in contract upgrade price, I think there will be plenty of 3GSs on launch day.

5. Shaan thread starter macrumors member

Thats good news, it would suck to wait outside the store for hours and not get an iPhone after all that.

6. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

lol that's true, no grumbling over here.

7. Shabbis macrumors regular

I got my 2G iPhone on release day with no lines. I called up my local apple store at around 11:30 PM (they were open until midnight) and asked if they had any 8GBers in stock. They said they had plenty and no lines. I drove down, walked in and picked one up.

8. hefeglass macrumors 6502a

im hoping there arent lines...i havent been there the past two years..but i know the line at the mall where my local apple store is was HUGE.
    im hoping the pre-orders and no subsidies will make the lines much shorter or non-existent.

9. AsianChexMix macrumors regular

My friend and I plan to be there overnight (although if no one, take naps in the car) but I sure hope there are people out there. Would love to see the mass of people just hanging out and conversing.

10. Shaan thread starter macrumors member

I think I am going to call my local Apple Store on Thursday night and ask them if there is a line already or if they are anticipating a line overnight. If they are then I will run over there and wait in line until 8am. First I need to make sure they will be selling them at the unsubsidized, no-commit, no-contract price though.

11. robindahlia789 macrumors regular

where i live most people go into the apple stores to only LOOk at apple products or post a picture on myspace and crowd up the tables. so i'm sure i'll be fine when i'm getting mine. plus there are plenty of att stores
    swfl isn't great