Will we have to pay extra for MMS?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Metsfan7450, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Metsfan7450 macrumors regular

Metsfan7450

Will we have to pay a one time fee for an MMS app or an extra monthly fee for it?

2. peskaa macrumors 68020

peskaa

The MMS app in OS 3.0 is built into Apple's SMS application, in other words it is free. However you'll have to pay network rates for sending the messages unless you have an included allowance.

3. halcyon-days macrumors newbie

MMS not available for first gen iPhone????? wtf :mad:

4. CrzyCanuck72 macrumors 6502a

this is probably the first time that carriers have had to reevaluate phone plans because of a software update. Knowing Rogers, they will probably add in another valuepack for a few bucks more that includes an MMS allowance, despite the fact that non-iPhone valuepacks include MMS for the same price.

5. michael31986 macrumors 68040

Att has unlimited messaging if you have the 20 dollar plan. It isn't limited to only texting. if u read the unlimited plans description in stores its for all types of messaging. Video, sms, and mms. so its all good here on ATT.

6. GCmini macrumors member

GCmini

i have a 3G but my gf has a 2G i had to break it to her that she wouldnt get MMS. :( at least we still all get LANDSCAPE TEXTING and COPY/PASTE! WOO

7. neiltc13 macrumors 68040

neiltc13

Someone can correct me on this, but I think that if you are on O2 then an MMS just counts as multiple SMSs, e.g. 1 MMS will use 5 SMSs of your allowance. :confused:

8. macgrl macrumors 65816

I am on o2 too, I believe that you may be correct in saying that they will multiply up the sms to count as 1 mms. Or they may be cheeky and charge per mms as an extra service. We will have to wait and see. Does anyone know when the service will be set up on o2?

Edited to say that I just checked the apple site and 3.0 is planned to be released in the summer so plenty of time for o2 to sort out how to charge us. lol