Will we see a redesign any time soon?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mjmar, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Mjmar macrumors 65816

The MacBook pro designs seem new to me, but in reality they're approaching 2 years old. I'm planning on purchasing a new MacBook pro to replace my old white MacBook, and I'm just curious as to whether anybody thinks that the MacBook pro will be redesigned within the next year. I'll gladly wait. What do you think?

2. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

No, as the design before that was with use for over five (5) and a half (1/2) years, January 2003 till October 2008.

Btw, as this topic comes up twice/thrice per week, maybe take a look at MRoogle.

[​IMG]

3. DVD9 macrumors 6502a

I think they should definitely be redesigned, with the old line continuing production at a slashed price.

The new line should be much thinner and lighter.

Look at the new HP dm3. 3.99 pounds. The video at laptopmag.com shows a solidly built thin and light 13" laptop that can be ordered with a backlit keyboard for less than $600.

However, Apple's market share does not seem to be moving up or down, and they seem happy with that. They want the profit margins sky high and to hell with the masses and market share. Thus the preoccupation with building new pods, pads and phones.
    --