Will we see an official summerboard app.....?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by anim8or, Jul 2, 2008.

1. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

Hands up who wants a summerboard app!!!

In the early days when jailbreaking was simple and had no side effects/mishaps caused by bad user application, I loved having something behind all of my apps.....

Ok so apple basically killed customize's best function by allowing us to move icons around but i am getting a little bored of the blank background!

So i hope that we will see an official summerboard app...

Who elese wants official versions of installer apps.... and which apps would you like???

2. Niiro13 macrumors 68000

I've never used themes.

As to your topic question, a Summerboard application is impossible in the SDK's current state.

Other than Summerboard, Customize, Kate, BossPrefs, Terminal, etc.

I'm sure a lot of Installer applications will be ported (and named right...I like seeing Solitaire...not iSolitaire...or Yahtzee...not FiveDice)

3. anim8or thread starter macrumors 65816

anim8or

Why is it not possible... because it would need access to something apple is not yet allowing?

4. TonyHoyle macrumors 6502a

The iphone apps are severely restricted at the moment.

There will be ways to request more access to parts of the phone - apple will use that themselves no doubt - but they haven't made that process known yet.

5. anim8or thread starter macrumors 65816

anim8or

Hypothetically.

Does anyone think apple will develop any apps for the app store thus giving users the option to add to the OS...

This was my idea of official.... but come to think of it official from apple and official from third party are same, yes?