Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bscheffel

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
If there is an iPad event happening April 6 we should see an announcement today... otherwise it's wait and see next Tuesday... I really don't think new IPP will be announced in press release given Air Tags are expected at same time. iOS/iPadOS 14.5 could also be a release tie in for either of these new products and it looks like it will be ready within the next 2 weeks.

bscheffel

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 17, 2008
Yup - agree - looks like the only announcement we are getting today is WWDC. Better luck next Tuesday for an event on April 13.

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1
Yup - agree - looks like the only announcement we are getting today is WWDC. Better luck next Tuesday for an event on April 13.
I don’t believe there will be an event at all between now and WWDC. As I’ve said before Apple likes to build up a queue of about 6-8 weeks of devices off the manufacturing line. Cuo was saying mass production was to begin in April. If Apple begins production of the new iPad Pros on April 5, the first Monday of the month, WWDC would be exactly 9 weeks away.

Additionally, as far as I’ve looked there is no history of Apple announcing an event then a week after announcing another, even sooner event. The last two March events - 2018 and 2019 - were announce along with WWDC or about a week prior respectively.

Side note, Apple has not released any watch bands this month. This would be the first time since the Watch’s debut that Apple has not released a spring collection in March. A lot of band collectors were riding on the idea of them coming at the same time as iPad Pro, either as a press release or at a keynote, so they have as much attention and exposure as possible.

We’ve also now seen stickers for the Magic Keyboard list a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Gen 11” Pro. This makes me partly wonder if we’re gonna see an 11” released via PR since it’s basically just a spec bump along with new watch bands, but then it would take the thunder away from announcing the ‘amazing’ performance of the A14X and how it’s basically the M1.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
Not today. It doesn’t mean that there won’t be an event in April tho, they only need to give a weeks notice when there’s no in person event. They could easily send out invites either next week or even the week after for an event.

weeesss

macrumors 6502
Oct 24, 2017
If there are sightings of stickers for the Magic Keyboard to include Gen 2 11" Pro, I may just go ahead and pick up the keyboard for my 1st gen and then upgrade if the 3rd gen really is worth it.

Isengardtom

macrumors 65816
Feb 14, 2009
I’m starting to lean towards no event and that we’ll see the iPad Pro in June or even later in September

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1
Additionally, as far as I’ve looked there is no history of Apple announcing an event then a week after announcing another, even sooner event. The last two March events - 2018 and 2019 - were announce along with WWDC or about a week prior respectively.
So apparently I was wrong. WWDC 2018 was announced Tuesday, March 13 and the Spring 2018 event was announced Friday, March 16. It was then held the following Tuesday, March 27. So maybe... Friday we get invites and it’s held on the 13th? Otherwise why would 14.5 have code referencing the A14X?

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
I don’t believe there will be an event at all between now and WWDC. As I’ve said before Apple likes to build up a queue of about 6-8 weeks of devices off the manufacturing line. Cuo was saying mass production was to begin in April. If Apple begins production of the new iPad Pros on April 5, the first Monday of the month, WWDC would be exactly 9 weeks away.

Side note, Apple has not released any watch bands this month. This would be the first time since the Watch’s debut that Apple has not released a spring collection in March. A lot of band collectors were riding on the idea of them coming at the same time as iPad Pro, either as a press release or at a keynote, so they have as much attention and exposure as possible.

We’ve also now seen stickers for the Magic Keyboard list a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd Gen 11” Pro. This makes me partly wonder if we’re gonna see an 11” released via PR since it’s basically just a spec bump along with new watch bands, but then it would take the thunder away from announcing the ‘amazing’ performance of the A14X and how it’s basically the M1.
What is Jon Prosser going to do then? Shave his head?

One of his sources which has apparently always been correct has told him that there will in fact be an April event. I still think we could see invites on the 6th.

Mohd Haque

macrumors regular
Sep 7, 2020

I agree , they can just release a 11inch version via PR

Reactions: ares1849

Macalway

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2013
I bought an AMK 11” for $200 to get the deal, and I don’t even know if it’s going fit the 2021.
So I’m just coming to get the rumors, as this thread is packed with the anxious variety.

iamMacPerson

macrumors 68040
Jun 12, 2011
AZ/10.0.1.1
Today is the day - I just feel it! Announcement for event on April 13 will go out around 9am PT today. Not that I've been wrong the last two weeks or anything :)
I’m hoping for anything at this point but I’m thinking it’s gonna be a press release drop with sales starting Friday and deliveries next week. I could be wrong. So many different rumors it’s crazy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.