Will We See Major Watch Brands Creating Apple Watch Bands?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by sb22, Apr 10, 2015.

1. sb22 macrumors 6502

sb22

2. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Will We See Major Watch Brands Creating Apple Watch Bands?

I don't think it's too far out of line to imagine a future where Rolex sells Apple Watch bands. It's only a matter of time before mainstream brands like Fossil do. Eventually it will be a major market.

3. shenfrey macrumors 68000

I wouldn't be surprised, should it take off. Apple seems to have most bands covered though.

4. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Rolax, no I don't expect to see them do it, Fossil, yes, I think they may be tempted to jump on the bandwagon.

5. MICHAELSD macrumors 68040

MICHAELSD

Well, this is odd. I created his thread and it seems to have been merged with another created a minute before I posted mine. :confused:

6. jk4lebron23 macrumors 65816

jk4lebron23

I have a feeling Nike will end up making some for working out, I'd say others will follow too

7. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Threads with similar subject matter are routinely merged.

----------

I think there's as much chance of Rolex making straps for the Apple Watch as there is of Apple making straps designed for Rolex watches.

8. sb22 thread starter macrumors 6502

sb22

I'm confused too. I had no interest in major watch brands and you did. I was talking about lower end of the scale, in the same terms as 3rd party cases.

9. Torq macrumors regular

Not a chance; Rolex don't even sell alternate (post-purchase) bracelets for their own watches.

Fancy a different or additional bracelet or strap on that Submariner you just bought? Then it's time to find a third-party or replacement stock that a formerly authorized dealer unloaded on the grey market.