will we see more pre paid data plans

Discussion in 'iPad' started by flyguy206, Mar 22, 2010.

1. flyguy206 macrumors 6502a

I think if verzion would offer a pre paid mifi they could make a killing with the ipad and other tablets comeing out.

2. Chupa Chupa macrumors G5

Chupa Chupa

Verizon does offer a pre-paid plan. It's $50 for 500MB which must be used w/i 30 days. There is also a 250MB/week plan for $30 and a 75MB/day plan for $15. A little too pricey for my tastes, but then again that's Verizon in a nutshell.

Plans

3. DataThief macrumors member

To bad you have to sign up for a 1 or 2 yr contract to get the MiFi, which means you don't really have a use what you need type of plan because you have pay monthly for either of the two plans.

Now the best would be to buy the MiFi unit free and clear and then do the at&t type of plan, paying for just the month you decided to use.

4. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

You can buy the verizon mifi without contract, but the pricing of the plans don't change. You are still left with the insane paygo prices listed about, or the regular $30/$60 a month stuff.

I'm going to guess they will charge you to start & stop so you can't do that easily....

I weighed all the options and the ipad was the better deal for me. I keep my dataless smart phone to avoid the new "mandatory" $10 data crap, and obviously no new contract - because I'm out of contract and it's nice.

I'd like the mifi, but the pricing just didn't make sense in the end for my online needs. The ipad fills them, along with other needs so it was the best solution. Except, well, I sure could use it tonight! Lol!