Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jesusplay

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
SOUTH
well im on a family plan and my mother gets the bill, i'm kind of wondering if i visit a site will their be like a URL log in the bill?:eek:

iPhone 62S

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2009
Don't worry, your mum won't find out about those... Uhh... "Confidential documents" you've been watching ;)

As stated, only the amount of data shows up.

jesusplay

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 6, 2007
SOUTH

another question....

is the internet really "unlimited"???

I can't afford to pay any extra fee's

iPhone 62S

macrumors 6502a
Aug 18, 2009

another question....

is the internet really "unlimited"???

I can't afford to pay any extra fee's

Yes, and if you are going over any fair use limits you will be alerted via text anyway so you will know in advance to stop. You would have to do a lot of browsing for that to happen though.

M-5

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2008
AT&T says it's unlimited but there is actually a cap that is just there to ensure that you don't find a way to bog down their network. I believe it's a 6GB cap? I'm not sure, but you shouldn't worry since it is pretty difficult to reach it even if you surf non-stop on the iPhone.

If you do, however, use a tethering on your phone to browse on another computer using your phone's connection then you may possibly go over.

And even if you do find away to go egregiously over your monthly allowance only using your iPhone, they probably won't charge you any fee. It's just so AT&T has the option of terminating the contract.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.