Will Winterboard ever be updated for ios4.0.1???

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by strodda, Oct 15, 2010.

1. strodda macrumors regular

I tried emailing saurik, but i've yet to receive a response.

from what ive been hearing, theming with @2x icons IS possible with WB on 4.1... but not 4.0.1. what gives?

would someone out there running 4.1 and WB, please post what version of winterboard youre running. maybe winterboard hasnt changed, but the OS has.

2. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

I stay away form Winterboard, but i asked tht question yesterday and I was "told" that winterboard is working just fine on 4.1 (now not all theme have been updated for it, but that is not winterboard related)

3. TheNewDude macrumors 6502a

Yeah I have been running Winterboard. It works fine on my 4.1.
    And yes, not everything works, but mostly it works.

4. strodda thread starter macrumors regular

it does work fine on 4.1. i jb'd a friends phone a couple days ago, and WB is working well.

im just so picky. i do not want to update my phone to 4.1, when its running perfectly on 4.0.1... but i do want to be able to theme with high res icons. especially these @2x signal and wifi icons that are floating around now.

i just dont understand why they work on 4.1 but not 4.0.1. what changed with the OS or winterboard to allow it?

5. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

I as Originally said I don'y use winterboard so i could be really wrong, but most Winterboard theme i've seen are coded on hmtl or css, it shouldn't be hard to manually edit the restriction or call out the right icons.

6. TaterToT macrumors 6502

My Winterboard version is 0.9.3211-1

7. strodda thread starter macrumors regular

same here, on ios4.0.1

in 4.1, are the status bar icons no longer wrapped up in a .artwork file? although, even if not, i dont see how that would affect WB's capability of handling @2x icons.

8. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

Winterboard was running fine on 4.0.1 and runs just as well on 4.1.

I've used with Glasklart HD and two HTML based theme and all is good so far.