Will WWDC 2014 Mention MBAs?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by iRun26.2, Apr 19, 2014.

1. iRun26.2, Apr 19, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2014

iRun26.2 macrumors 68000

For many years, upgraded MBA models have been released at Apple's WWDC. This year some of the rumors have pointed to a Q4 2014 release for a totally new ultra-thin 12" retina MBA.

What do you expect to see at WWDC?

If Apple upgrades the current 11" and 13" MBAs in any way would that squash any hopes of getting a completely new ultra-thin MBA?

Could iOS 8 or the new OSX, introduced at WWDC hint that the new MBA will actually be ARM based?

2. Dweez macrumors 65816

Dweez

3. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

I have a feeling that the new OS X and iOS 8 will be announced at WWDC. We will be given hints if ARM code is in OS X.

4. iRun26.2 thread starter macrumors 68000

If they disclose that Xcode can now compile OSX for the new A8 professor (ARM), I think it will be all but certain that the new 12" ultra-portable will be ARM (rather than Intel) based.

I'm hoping Apple says absolutely nothing about the MBA at WWDC 2014

5. michaelsviews macrumors 65816

Why do you say that?

6. Altemose macrumors G3

Altemose

Because then we would be making another architecture change and it raises problems for developers.

7. iRun26.2 thread starter macrumors 68000

Because I want a revolutionary 12" retina MBA that is ultra-thin and fanless. If it is released at WWDC it will not have Broadwel (since Broadwell will not be ready by WWDC).

If it is discussed otherwise, it is likely that it is because OSX will be ported to ARM and the upcoming MBA (using an A8 processor) will not run ANY of my current MBA software applications.

----------

The thing is, though, how could they possibly not update the MBAs until Q4 21014?

Won't they have to upgrade something in the MBA at WWDC just to keep it selling?

8. michaelsviews macrumors 65816

Well guess we'll have to sit back and wait........

I'd love to have a MBA 13" or above retina, but am not willing to give up the battery life.

Hurry up and wait, in the mean time be thankful for what we have :D