Will WWDC tell us about a new iMac line?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by Hevelius, Jun 10, 2016.

1. Hevelius macrumors member

I'm about to pull the trigger on a 2015 retina 5K iMac but am wondering about possible WWDC announcements. If the iMac is going to get a refresh in the autumn will this be flagged during Tuesday's WWDC?

Where I live I will likely have to wait until at least November before any new model appears but at least if the info on any upcoming refresh is given in WWDC I can make my choice with a clear conscience :)

Otherwise I'd probably just go ahead and buy now.

2. keysofanxiety macrumors 604

keysofanxiety

WWDC is Monday. Monday. That's three days. If you ordered now, it would take that sort of time to arrive anyway.

Crumbs, just wait a few days and then decide.

3. Dave245 macrumors 601

I would wait, WWDC is on Monday! there have been a few different reports, some are saying that Apple will announce new Macbook's at WWDC and others are saying no it's just a software event, however if they do announce new Macbook's there is also a possibility they will announce new iMac's, but i don't think they will announce anything dramatic for the iMac, it would probably just be a spec update. It really depends on who you believe, as i said there are different reports that contradict each other.

4. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Apple has a good return policy, this close to the event I would buy it, and if they come out with something that you like better you can return the old model and buy the new one. If nothing comes out then you get to enjoy your computer a few days earlier.

5. Hevelius thread starter macrumors member

Ah, so it's on Monday not Tuesday. I guess I can last out the whole weekend :)

Also, where I live there are only resellers rather than Apple stores and they have a crappy no-returns policy if you buy it from the store rather than through the website (weird consumer law which applies to all retailers here).

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Yeah, just wait and see, its so close at this point.

7. Dave245 macrumors 601

What does everyone think, are we going to see Mac's on Monday at WWDC? personal opinions?

8. MistrSynistr macrumors 6502a

I don't believe so. I think there's a possibility of new Macbook Pro announcements though.

October is when the iMac stuff will probably roll out, but there's only one way to know for sure, watch the event!

9. Dave245 macrumors 601

I'll definitely be watching the event! The latest rumours are saying an update to the MacBook Air along with the MacBook Pro at WWDC, but that doesn't make sense if Apple are planning on fazing them out for the 12" MacBook.

10. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

Probably not on stage, but I'd expect at least one line to get a silent update. If Apple is really planning on replacing the headphone jack with lightning in the iPhone then they will need to add lightning ports to their computers to be comparable with their headphones. So all of the line would need to be updated very soon.

11. inhalexhale1 macrumors 6502a

If it's anything, I would think 4K across the board like they did with the 5k, and updating both to "mid 2016" models. So just spec bumps, and probably revised pricing on the 21.5".
    --- Post Merged, Jun 10, 2016 ---
    I see your point, but they could just push the same adapter that will inevitably be introduced for older iPads and iPhones. Also, that type of change would not come before the iPhone announcement in fall.

12. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

I believe they could announce new MBPs as those are used by many developers so it would be "appropriate" for a WWDC. But I would not expect an iMac announcement until the Fall.