iPod Will YOU be buying a new iPod?

Assuming a new iPod is released this week, will you buy one?

• Yes, I will order one immediately.

Votes: 94 45.0%
  • Yes, but I will wait a little while to see if there are any problems.

Votes: 34 16.3%
  • Maybe, I'm not sure yet.

Votes: 48 23.0%
  • No, not until it gets its first update.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • No, I'm not going to buy one in the foreseeable future.

Votes: 31 14.8%

• Total voters

cornerdealy

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 30, 2006
Seeing that it is becoming more and more likely that new ipods are going to be released this week, I would like to see how many of us here are going to jump right in and buy one.

hatcher146

macrumors 6502
Mar 26, 2007
north carolina
Seeing that it is becoming more and more likely that new ipods are going to be released this week, I would like to see how many of us here are going to jump right in and buy one.
i am....the minute it comes to retail stores...i'll try bestbuy first.....closest apple store is 125 miles...:(

TimJim

macrumors 6502a
May 15, 2007
i am buying one the second it comes out. i have an apple store about 5 minutes away. cant wait.

Suspended
Jul 11, 2006
Somewhere
If it is touchscreen, I will try to get my parent's to buy me one for my birthday in about a month, otherwise I'll probably pick up a 5.5G for cheap.

J@ffa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2002
Behind you!
I work not far from an Apple store, and I'll be there as soon as they have some available. I'm hoping for boosted storage but honestly, I'll live with it. I don't even care about WiFi — what I do care about is whether I'll be able to turn it off. I prefer a decent battery life :D

As for waiting out potential problems, well, that's what AppleCare is for. I suppose I would wait for a while normally, but in my case my long standing 20GB gave up the ghost a while back and I've been using a first gen shuffle since, which is great but I much prefer having my whole library on me. Of course, I haven't been able to do that for a while, but a lot is better than nothing at all. My library is 57GB now, so 120GB futureproofs me for a good while!

PkennethV

macrumors 6502a
Aug 16, 2006
Toronto
i hope it has wifi too.
if it has wifi are you hoping for safar(i am) or something like music streaming or iTunes store?
Yup, if it has Safari then I can go on Meebo and use MSN,GTalk etc. on my iPod:) and also send free text messages (my school has WiFi all over). Also with the mic accessories (if not built in) I'm sure there will be a way to use Skype Out on it.

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
If there's a touch screen then I can use it as a PDA (limited at the moment) so I will be buying that - unless its too expensive.

WiFi will bump up the amount I am willing to spend a fair bit.

If the Touch iPod has a HDD not flash I might hesitate and buy a flash ipod and wait for the iPhone to come to Oz.

aethelbert

macrumors 601
Jun 1, 2007
Chicago, IL, USA
It's gotta have OS X, a touch screen, and wifi for me to consider it. I know that's sorta demanding, but I wouldn't use it much for just music. My collection isn't even 2gb...

robPOD

macrumors 6502
Jun 19, 2006
NZ
I will be getting one as soon as I sell my current 5.5g iPod if they are all that they are hyped up to be, touchscreen etc. I have been waiting 2 years for a touch screen iPod. Lol I have even been saving all my money for this aswell :)

Zwhaler

macrumors demi-god
Jun 10, 2006
Wirelessly posted (LGE-VX9900/1.0 UP.Browser/6.2.3.2 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

I will most likely buy if it has wifi, but if it doesnt... My old photo ipod is still chugging along just fine.

J@ffa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2002
Behind you!
no new ipod for me. i've got an iphone to keep me busy with my music needs.
iPhone-schmiphone. It's very cool, but my priority well and above a phone is music. 8GB is just nowhere near enough for the whole phone/music combo to be a sensible get.

Zwhaler

macrumors demi-god
Jun 10, 2006
iPhone-schmiphone. It's very cool, but my priority well and above a phone is music. 8GB is just nowhere near enough for the whole phone/music combo to be a sensible get.
We're talking about the next iPod, not the iPhone :) So far, we do not know what the 6G's storage numbers will be (it will most likely not be 4 and 8 GB)

psychofreak

Retired
May 16, 2006
London
It really depends on what it is. For a while I was desperate to upgrade my 3G, but then I got a new battery and now I have around 20hours battery life, and I don't really want video. If it has WiFi, then its very likely I'll get it.

Raska

macrumors 6502
Aug 5, 2007
NJ
I have been waiting for an iPod Touch for a long time now, and if one is accounced, I will order one the second it goes on sale :)

J@ffa

macrumors 6502a
Jul 21, 2002
Behind you!
We're talking about the next iPod, not the iPhone :) So far, we do not know what the 6G's storage numbers will be (it will most likely not be 4 and 8 GB)
Bah, I forgot to quote the previous post to mine. If the 6G iPod only comes with 8GB, I might have to reconsider my vote, haha.

yg17

macrumors G5
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Not in the immediate future. I need a new one since my current one is full (I've got about 20 more gigs of music I'd like to store on there). But, I don't use it often and I'm trying to save money so an iPod isn't really a necessity right now.

And I won't buy anything that doesn't have at least 100 gigs of storage. So even if I had money, if these new iPods max out at 80, I won't buy one. My music library is 78 gigs (so it won't fit on an 80 gig since it's more like 75 formatted).