Will you be paying twice?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Mr. Incredible, Mar 2, 2011.

1. Mr. Incredible macrumors 6502a

I bought a bunch of apps from iTunes on my iMac a few days ago.

My iMac isn't with me now, and I possibly have to wait another 1-3 days until I finally get my computer back.

I know the apps that I paid for (got the receipt in my mail), and I'm wondering, if I decide to buy that same app from the appstore in my iphone, will I be charged for it again, or will it recognize that I've already purchased that app?

I'm bored, and I really wanna start playing some games. Tiny Wings has been getting great reviews, and I wanna see what all the talk is about. :D

2. Whorehay macrumors 6502a

Whorehay

Make sure you are downloading the right one and that it is your account on the iMac, but otherwise, click buy and it'll ask you if you want to download it again since you've already purchased it. Then you can go rolling down some hills in Tiny Wings!! Woohoo.

3. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

If you re-purchase the same app from:

iTunes on the Mac/PC
    [​IMG]

The iOS Device
    [​IMG]

4. Mr. Incredible thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well, I bought the app from iTunes, but my iMac isn't with me.

So when going to the appstore on my iPhone, and i buy the same app with the same account, I will be able to get it without having to pay for it again, right?

5. trekkie604 macrumors 65816

trekkie604

Make sure it's the exact same thing you've already purchased, then when you hit BUY on the phone, it'll prompt you like the screenshot above and will let you redownload it without charging again.

6. Krevnik macrumors 68040

Krevnik

Now if only they'd update things so that you got an "Install" button like you do on the iPad now instead of "Buy".