Will you be pre-signing for your iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by TexasChemE, Mar 15, 2012.

1. TexasChemE macrumors 6502a

TexasChemE

Well, for those of us who pre-ordered our iPad, tomorrow is the big day :) The question here is, will you be pre-signing for your iPad so you don't have to be home when it is delivered? For those of you who don't know, you can go to your order status page on apple.com and print a form that you can sign and attach to your door, allowing the delivery person to simply leave the package there without being signed for. What are y'alls thoughts on this?

2. boltjames macrumors 68040

boltjames

Yes. I've had my signed FedEx notice on my door since Monday, just in case it came early.

BJ

3. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9B176 Safari/7534.48.3)

If you pre-sign and someone walks off with it, you're SOL, though?

C

4. falcora macrumors 6502

If you are presigning, please also post your full address :D

5. wellok macrumors 6502

I will be... I work nights so I'll be home but I'm nervous I'll fall asleep and miss their ultra-light knock.

6. TheRedOx macrumors member

TheRedOx

Can't Apple or somebody do something with GPS/Find my iPad kind of thing? It's registered to my Apple ID.
    I'm not worried - never had a problem with any packages being left at my door - I'm an Amazon Prime member - I get lots and lots of packages.

7. isorhythmic macrumors newbie

Yes.

Terms and Conditions

I understand that Apple requires signatures acknowledging receipt of delivered goods. By signing the Shipment Release Authorization form, I hereby authorize Apple's carrier to leave my package at the address I have specified for delivery when placing my order. I understand that, in so doing, I assume the risk of any loss, theft, or destruction, and release Apple and its carriers from all liability that may result from, leaving the package where I have indicated on the Shipment Release Authorization form.

8. gopnick macrumors regular

Crafty criminals will follow FedEx trucks around tomorrow....

I'm too worried to do this. I took off work.

9. jbachandouris macrumors 601

jbachandouris

I chose hold for pick up instead. That way I choose when I receive it, NOT FedEx. Before 3PM is too wide a time frame.

Besides, while they hold mine, I can go hunt down another one on Launch Day.

10. vincenz macrumors 601

vincenz

Too expensive to pre-sign for, unless you have no other choice. If it were a dock adapter or something, sure.

11. Photography macrumors 65816

Photography

This is precisely why I preordered for store pickup. I live in a non-doorman building in NYC and I can't afford to have someone else steal it, especially since I won't be home most of the day anyway.

12. boshii macrumors 68040

boshii

For those who are pre-signing, what is your address? :p

13. eric1971 macrumors member

Pre-signed for my iPhone 4 and had no problem. Having my iPad delivered to work, however.

14. ninaco macrumors 6502

ninaco

I'll be home, but I considered pre-signing for the iPad in case I'm out in the backyard when FedEx arrives. But, for something this expensive, I think it's too risky.

15. The Bronx Bull macrumors member

Albeit the fact I live in a fairly well-off condo complex in my area, I'm a bit apprehensive when it comes to pre-signing for my iPad shipment tomorrow. It's not that I think someone would stroll up the stairs to my doorway and find a random package to steal, because I get left packages all of the time, but it's because everyone on earth *knows* the iPad ships tomorrow, and everyone on earth *knows* they're primarily shipping with FedEx, and a bit of UPS. Let's say you're a crafty criminal, and you just happen to see a FedEx truck pull up to an apartment/house, and drop the package off at the door.. being that iPads cost anywhere from $500-800, it would be too easy of an opportunity.

16. monkeylui macrumors 6502

17. RamJetGMC macrumors newbie

I am very lucky this way I said ups is sending mine so the ups guy lives on my block and his son stacks my firewood do he has the combo to my shop and said it be ther if it given to my wife who is off Friday. I feel lucky on Friday I will have it

18. jm5309 macrumors regular

I will be home, but I will post the form on my door just in case I don't hear the delivery.

19. h1r0ll3r macrumors 68040

h1r0ll3r

I had it sent to my parents house. They never leave. Plus it gives me a reason to actually go and visit them. Although this time, I'll probably be in and out within 8 seconds :D

20. cabingirl macrumors newbie

Same here. I was home when they delivered my Smart Cover and never heard them knock.

21. ELMI0001 macrumors 6502

ELMI0001

I presigned. Like another poster, I get lots of Amazon Prime shipments and never had an issue. I also work 5 minutes from home. As soon as it's delivered I'm going home to put it inside. Any unpack it, turn it on, oggle it for a while.

22. qtx43 macrumors 6502a

Do what I do: leave a note on the door saying "I am here, I want my stuff, pound the door loudly please! Thank you in advance."